Change4Life : Star Wars
On the School Zone you will find Change4Life curriculum-linked materials to support primary school teachers to encourage children to eat a healthy and balanced diet, as well as easy ways to get kids to move more during the school day.
- Healthy eating resources provide teachers with materials to encourage pupils to eat a healthy and balanced diet. Resources include:
- Key stage 1 and 2 lesson plans, assembly presentations, educational leaflets, pupil-led campaign materials, in-school and take-home activities.
- Engaging films that can be shown in assemblies or in the classroom
- NEW teaching resources to help pupils learn about healthy eating and snacking are now available. These include a pupil council toolkit and fun game show style presentations for reception, KS1, lower and upper KS2.
- Being active resources provide teachers with materials to get pupils moving more during the school day. Resources include:
- Upper and lower Key stage 1 and 2 lesson plans, PowerPoints and activity sheets, in-school and take home activity sheets
- Disney inspired 10 Minute Shake Ups
- PE toolkits and games for play leaders
- Change4Life and Star Wars™ are teaming up to help you inspire your pupils to get more active. Over the coming year, we'll be developing a range of free, fun Star Wars inspired ideas for classrooms and the whole school. Developed with teachers, this programme focuses on physical activity and
supports building resilience in children with resources tailored for Reception, KS1 and KS2 pupils. You can find out more here.
Please use your communications channels with primary schools in your area to let them know about these Change4Life resources on the School Zone.
We have a selection of resources to make this easy for you, including suggested social media copy, short and long copy, and our latest newsletters for you to forward on to your teacher networks.
- Retweeting or sharing our posts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Putting a link to the School Zone on a teacher facing section of your website
- Encouraging teachers to subscribe to the School Zone to receive the latest information about new resources and campaigns.
- Forward on our latest teacher newsletter, featuring information on new Star Wars inspired activities.
The School Zone is home to curriculum-linked teaching resources and inspiration from Change4Life for primary schools, and PSHE Association accredited lesson plans from Rise Above for secondary schools. You can find the School Zone here- https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/schools . Teachers are encouraged to subscribe to the School Zone newsletter to keep up to date about new resources.