The exact changes proposed are that from September 2017:
- Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils will receive £1,000 per pupil; and
- Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
The Youth Sport Trust understands that the mechanism for payment will remain the same, with schools receiving 7/12ths of funding in October/November and the remaining 5/12ths in April/May. The webpage clarifying the formula can be accessed here. The DfE have committed to publishing the school level breakdown of funding for the academic year 2017/2018, including formal conditions of grant, in October 2017.
The Youth Sport Trust will continue to support the Ministerial School Sport Board and primary schools to use the PE and Sport premium in a way that maximises outcomes for young people and which ensures the sustainability of this investment into schools. We will be specifically working with our member schools to optimise the impact of this investment, and more broadly can offer a wide range of interventions to all schools to improve the lives of young people through PE and school sport here.
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding & Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.