Open University have a new free open access online course for coaches they have just released featuring Alex Danson (hockey gold medallist) as the main presenter.
In this free course, p, you will explore the influence of coaching and psychology through the lens of sports people and teams who have been successful. You will focus on coaching practices used with young people and adults, including research and advice of leaders in their fields.
Exploring Sport Coaching and Psychology is aimed at level 1-3 coaches keen to learn beyond their sport, brought to life with BBC/Channel 4 clips and supported with appropriate evidence.
For those individuals that want to demonstrate quality assured completion of the course there is a free OU digital Badge available and some organisations might use this digital Badge to prove a certain level of CPD.
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding& Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.