New Age Kurling is a fully inclusive sport and athletes of all abilities were able to compete against each other which was great to see.
The final placings were very close with just two points separating the top four teams. Westbury Leigh and Devizes 2 could not be separated so shared third place. Rob Paget and Matt Pearson from Wiltshire Council delivered the event on the day with the support of the 20 plus young leaders from Lavington School. It was particularly pleasing to see some of the athletes from last year’s competition returning as young leaders this year. They were excellent in helping and supporting those athletes who needed some guidance, as well as doing a great job officiating the matches.
Lisa Adams, Head of PE at Lavington School, was thrilled to see such a great event at her school and was delighted to be able to carry out the presentations.
1st - Avon Valley College 1
2nd - St Joesph's 2
Joint 3rd - Westbury Leigh and Devizes 2
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP) aim to promote and support sport and physical activity. We can support your club, school and workplace with a range of services including:
- Sport Funding& Grants support, information and advice
- First Aid training / Safeguarding and Child Protection / Social Media training
- Event Safety Management
- Workplace Health programme –Workplace Challenge
- Support for Sports Coaches –Coach Bursary,Coach Education,RightCoach
- Club Support & Development –Clubmark,Club Matters
- Training / meeting room hire
- Marketing & Communications support and Sponsorship opportunities
- Sport England Projects –School Games,Satellite Clubs,Sportivate.
If you think we can help you please get in touch… Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk or call 01225 781500.