- Inclusion on our RightCoach Accredited Coaches list, circulated to Wiltshire schools every month
- Your own coach profile, which you control
- Regular communication and up to date information
- Access to paid and voluntary coaching opportunities
- Access to funding to assist with UKCC Level 1, 2 & 3 qualifications
- Access to Coach Education courses
- And much more!
At a national and local level it is acknowledged that coaches need to have certain knowledge and skills in order to coach effectively and safely; and be able to help children, players and athletes at all stages of their development. In order to for coaches to be able to deliver high quality, safe and effective sessions, WASP have established a local Coaching Network and has been working with a number of partners including UK Coaching, Wiltshire Council, Swindon Borough Council and the Education Department. The Coaching Network has established and agreed a set of Minimum Standards for Deployment (MSD) that we want to see being implemented by employers or deployers for all coaches working across the county in both community and school settings.
RightCoach accreditation is offered to any coach who meets our minimum standards of deployment:
- UKCC qualified to Level 2 or above
- Valid safeguarding certificate that is recognised by your sport's NGB
- Valid first aid certificate that is recognised by your sport's NGB
- Enhanced DBS certificate issued within the last 3 years
Please note: as of September 2016 Wiltshire and Swindon Sport (WASP), in agreement with local partners, has decided to remove the FUNdamentals of Movement qualification from the RightCoach Minimum Standard of Deployment. The reason this decision has been taken is to bring RightCoach in line with the new Sport England Strategy in which Activators can lead sporting activity in addition to UKCC qualified Coaches. In doing this, WASP are also supporting Sport England in breaking down barriers for potential coaches to qualify. WASP will continue to schedule FUNdamentals of Movement courses and to encourage all coaches, especially those working in schools, to attend this course, for the knowledge that it provides is invaluable.
The first step to becoming RightCoach accredited is to register with WASP. After that, simply set up your coaching profile and log your qualifications. You will also need to upload a passport style photo for your ID badge.
For further information please contact Alan@wiltssport.org