Job Vacancy: Swindon Sports Forum Co-ordinator
The Swindon Sports Forum represents community sports clubs and seeks to champion local community-based sport, develop new and diverse opportunities that extend participation and to improve the quality of sports provision for Swindon residents.
In seeking to increase the role and profile of the Sports Forum, working with our County Sports Partnership we are looking to recruit an individual to coordinate and promote grassroots sports in Swindon.
The postholder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Ideally this would suit a graduate with sports and coaching development experience.
The person should be able to work on their own initiative and prioritise their work load in accordance with instructions (both verbal and written) from the stakeholders.
- Support the Swindon Sports Board in the development and delivery of the Community Sport Business Plan
- Support the Swindon Sports Forum through active engagement with community sports clubs and ensure their views are communicated to the Forum to help adapt and deliver the Sport Forum business plan.
- Promote and support investment opportunities for local sports clubs
- Promote and support the development of the volunteer workforce
- Promote participation in community sport by all residents of Swindon
- Seek funding streams to ensure the position is long term sustainable.
- Provide support to the Swindon Sports Forum Steering Group
If you are interested in this post please contact Steve Boocock firstname.lastname@example.org mobile 07789 501554
Job Title: Swindon Sports Forum Co-ordinator
Salary: £18,000 to £22,000 depending on experience
Closing date: 11 January 2019
Completed applications should be sent to Steve Boocock at the above email address.