Wiltshire & Swindon Sport have been providing coach education courses across the county for 8 years, forming an integral part of the Coaching Plan. The Coaching Plan is implemented and delivered across the county to increase high quality coaching provision and to support the needs of our workforce. We support our coaches through our coach database RightCoach which boasts numbers of over 800 registered coaches.
The Coach & Workforce Education Programme provides the courses essential to meeting the Minimum Standards for Active Coaches & Club Mark accredited Clubs. These include:
- Emergency First Response (Primary Care)
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children
We also schedule a range of recommended courses, including:
- An introduction to FUNdamentals of Movement
- Time to Listen (for more information: Time to Listen236.09 KB)
For a full list of Coach Education courses please view the Coach Education Programme 2016-17386.89 KB. To book onto a course, please complete the Coach Ed Booking Form249.99 KB and return it with your payment to Joy Rickard, WASP, Richmond House, White Horse Business Park, Epsom Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 0XE.
We can also organise additional courses for your club in any of the areas mentioned above, or any of the following:
Other First Aid Courses:
- CPR and AED - 2 hours
- Primary Care (CPR) and AED - 4 hours
- Care for Children (Paediatric) - 12 hours
- Emergency First Aid at Work - 6 hours
- Manual Handling - 3 hours
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children 2: Reflecting on Practice
- Equity in your Coaching
- Positive Behaviour Management in Sport
- A Guide to Mentoring Sports Coaches
- Learning Disability Workshop
- Active Kids for all Inclusive Community Training Programme
- Practical ideas for Disability Coaching
- Social Media Training
For further information, please email Jordan Rose.