It is THE tool for accelerating learning, providing learners with access to every step of their learning journey and a visual record of exactly where they are and where they need to go next. The Create Development Wheel can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection.
Why the Create Development Wheel?
This is the only tool of its kind which accelerates learning and progress through its ease of use, ease of access, and comprehensive range of functions. It makes the learner more aware of their development journey and allows them to take ownership of and responsibility for their own learning.
- Simple and easy to implement
- Cost effective – saves money and time
- Immediate gains and long-term benefits
For the school, organisation and staff:
- Supports a clear focus on accelerating learning for staff and pupils
- Encourages assessment for learning and helps inform planning
- Saves valuable time through its simplicity and speed
- Provides saved and recorded assessments for profiling, measuring progress and celebrating success
- Simplifies and supports performance management
- Encourages the inclusion of all learners by highlighting specific needs, supporting focused interventions and communicating solutions
- Identifies individual and group strengths and areas for development
- Provides clear evidence of progress and value added for Ofsted
For the learner:
- Helps accelerate learning by communicating a clear, shared, learning journey
- Provides a personalised, editable and visual view of their learning journey
- Shows them where they are, where they go next and what they need to do to get there
- Encourages a ‘growth mindset’ and increases motivation to learn and progress by providing next steps and targets
- Helps build confidence by highlighting strengths and celebrating progress
- Allows parental access to support and motivate child development
- Encourages transfer of skills across subjects
- Shifts responsibility towards the learner
- Encourages rapid sustained progress
What people say
The CD Wheel can be used in many ways from evidencing impact, an online learning platform, monitoring teacher professional standards, to a performance management tool in HR. It really does accelerate learning in every organisation, but just don’t take our word for it. Here are words from some of the people we are working with:
“The best aspects are the logical approach;
the coverage is clear so you know everything is there that needs to be done and also the ability to save evidence and view how the Wheel has progressed over time. A great way to see the subject moving forward through leadership.”
Sam Bacon, Assistant Headteacher, St Andrew’s C of E Primary School, Horsham
“For us, this form of assessment is not only the most advanced way we have discovered so far but it is also far and away the best.
The very nature of sports coaching is a visual and interactive arena and so for us to be able to define expectations, targets and achievements through a medium such as this, makes for a more accurate, engaged and reflective report for our coaches.”
Gary Laybourne, Training and Development Manager, Greenhouse
“You could tell right away that the people who work for Create Development really have a passion for what they do.
This is reflected in the quality of services you have delivered. The leadership wheel has been received by students and teachers positively, with teachers seeing the potential of the wheel being used in many different aspects of the curriculum.”
Karen Winch, Active Young People Department, Senior Officer, Bridgend Borough Council
“As a 1:1 iPad school the new FUNS wheel is a fantastic tool which will allow our students to easily view the next challenge and practise at any time – break, lunch and weekends.
The ability to upload videos of each stage provides us with quality assessment evidence.”
Stephen Munnery, Physical Education, The International School @ ParkCity, Kuala Lumpur
“We were looking at ways of empowering pupils to drive their own learning in Physical Education.
The CD Wheel aligned with the Raising the Bar resource have already impacted on pupils feeling more successful in PE without the previous “peaks and troughs” of assessment focused on ability in a particular sport. Our curriculum remains sport driven but the shift in our assessment focus has meant pupils are fully aware of their current strengths and exactly what they need to do to improve.”
Dan Tree, Head of PE & Sport, Park House School & Sports College
Video introduction to the ‘Wheel’ : https://spark.adobe.com/page/J7LgQyYt7zr5Z/
For further information, please contact : email@example.com or